Apple and Tulip in colored pencils

I made this apple following a tutorial from another artist (Gemma Chambers) who specializes on colored pencils, graphite, and pastel pencils before I found TVI. I was very pleased with how it turned out. It was made on half sheet of smooth bristol paper with Prismacolor premier.
Also did the tulip with her tutorial on 9x12 bristol vellum with polychromos colored pencils. Finished the tulip about two weeks ago (whatever the date says) after I had the sketch done for a long while.

4 Likes

Sonia,

Both look really nice. I especially like your rendering of the tulip. The details are exceptionally done. It is amazing the details that are possible with mediums in pencil form.

I look forward to seeing other pieces of your artwork.

Teri

1 Like

Beautiful! I love them.

1 Like

Teri-

Thank you. I appreciate your comment so much! I love drawing and sharing, but especially love seeing all the wonderful art posted here and the positive people’s comments with each other. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Sonia - these are both WONDERFUL. I think you’re more than ready to give that portrait a try.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Hi Sonia,

Wonna grab the apple and take a bite. It looks great and very yummie.

The tulip very detailed too. Like your style and the color choice. Very well done.

Buddy

Buddy,

Thank you, I really appreciate it. I am trying the peony next. So far the first try was a fail lol. Sigh hopefully the second time is way better!!