Getting Sketchy Season 5

Since the links were added to the Blog for Season 5 I decided to dive right in. I knew that they were there on You Tube but had only done the apple a few months back.
Episode 1, the tree was nice and quick to do, I don’t think I even paused the video.
Episode 2, the muffin was tough, I almost gave up on it, but I just kept telling myself to trust the process and keep going, even if it was bad, I’d learn.
Episode 3 was fun, I love pastels and decided to do it twice - left pastel pencils and right oil pastels.
Episode 6 was actually done last July, a few weeks before I decided to sign up for membership.
I’m planning over the coming days (week) to complete the rest of this season and continue to share the results.

3 Likes

I love them all!!! I’m now inspired to do some of the older Sketchy seasons. Maybe that could be my daily drawing! Thanks for sharing and inspiring me.

The tree is awesome. The path looks very beautiful. I particularly like the oil pastel version. What a great idea to do it twice!!! All of these are terrific!! Well-done.

Brenda

Don’t forget to share! I think the best thing is that they’re designed to be completed in a short period of time. I just dip in and out of the videos whenever I have time.

1 Like

That’s a great idea! I’m about to have more of a time crunch than I’ve had lately, so my production may slow down. LOL! I’m glad Inktober is ending soon so that I can indeed finish it.

Brenda

1 Like

These are wonderful! What a good idea to go back to the older Getting Sketchin’ series and do the drawings. I remember this season; it was fun and challenging.

Teri

1 Like

These are great and what a wonderful idea! I might have to try that - once inktober is done!!!

2 Likes

Since it was a holiday weekend, I really thought that I’d get more drawing done over the weekend. However, since it was a holiday weekend, I actually got less done. This was completed last night while the skies were lit up with bonfires and fireworks and kids were trick or treating. I’ve never seen candy corn in real life. Great timing in my opinion.

2 Likes

Those look pretty realistic to me! I loved candy corn as a kid, but not so much now.

Making up for lost time. These stairs were way more complex than I initially thought.

janed, I’m so inspired and impressed by all that you have accomplished in such a short period of time. Thanks so much for sharing your work and enthusiasm.
Terri Robichon

1 Like

Tonight was the “wonky” shoes. I found the conversation about the word “wonky” funny because it’s what I label everything that I share on my facebook profile. I actually have a pair of converse, I think I bought them about 15 years ago, they’re lovely, all black suede but unfortunately they’re too flat for me to wear. I wear trainers always, but just can’t get used to these.

2 Likes

WOW, Jane!!! That looks awesome. I’m trying to finish everything I had “in progress” before Inktober. I have two left, so I might start adding in some Gettin’ Sketchy work. Are you trying to complete the drawings in 45 minutes? I have a hard time doing that!

I can’t wear Converse either. Not enough arch support.

Keep up the great work!

Brenda

I going with taking as long as it takes. I tend to pause the videos, work, then watch. I reckon this took me maybe a little over 1 hour.

1 Like

That’s the way I like to work. Putting a time limit on myself makes me tense. Tense drawing isn’t ideal. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I really struggled getting a clear photo of this, for some reason it kept looking grainy. I used Derwent Pastel pencils and some really great but inexpensive pastels for the background - Inscribe or Mungyo pastels. A set of 64 costs about £12 on UK Amazon. I have Rembrandts on my Christmas wishlist. I also used very inexpensive sugar paper. This paper is OK for playing around or practicing but not for serious work.

This is my step ladder…I never knew my real ladder - this is my husband’s go-to joke whenever he sees a step ladder and this one was no exception.

I just have one more in Season 5 to go, then a watch of the critique.

1 Like

LOL, Jane! The drawing is wonderful. I love how you captured the wood grain. And thanks for the laugh!

Brenda

1 Like

Wow! amazing stairs. I missed that one - maybe need to go back and try. Love the joke!

Thank you. It’s one of those jokes where he says “it never gets old, does it?”

1 Like

Jane, I do the same thing for gettin sketchy and live lessons. Watch, pause, draw, then watch more.

Terri Robichon

2 Likes