Great-grandma's Bible

The yellow book in this picture is my great-grandma’s little bible. It is very special having bibles passed down through the family, worn with use. Last night, after it was pitch-dark, I set up and photographed several still lifes. This is soft pastels on 12×16 velour paper.

3 Likes

I really like this still life. I particularly like the softness of the scene. It adds a feeling of tenderness to it. Thanks for sharing. Great work, as always.

Patricia

1 Like

This is fabulous. Great job.

1 Like

Thanks, Patricia. The softness is an attribute of the velour paper. Have you tried it?

Thank you, Denise. I appreciate your comment.

Looks Great, my Mother-in-law passed down some prayer books that her mother-in-Law had passed down to her. I love the way you did this in pastels.

Lenora

1 Like

No. I haven’t tried that paper. Purchase of new supplies are under a self-imposed moratorium right now :laughing: :laughing:. I have so many different papers bought from a retired artist that I will not live long enough to use them all. (I am serious…)

1 Like

I bought a whole lot of my supplies at a garage sale from former neighbors of ours. The son brought out an exquisite pen set and offered to sell it to me. I told him, 'no, that is something to leave to your daughter. I was beautiful, but I would just showcase it. His father and I took sessions at the Senior Center in town. He was always attending demonstrations, some of the things he learned were also beautiful. His favorite medium was watercolor but he dabbled in every other one (mediums).

Lenora

1 Like

Such a nice job with this one! Great contrasts to illustrate in this still life. Great work on the values of the pages. Looks like a photo.

1 Like