Live lesson - French bulldog in oils

That’s a great job on Roscoe. It’s especially good for a first oil painting. Keep it up I think you’re a natural for it.

Mine is not really done but I’m putting it aside for now. I’ve done several passes of glazing, scumbling, and direct painting on it. Since I don’t know when it’ll ever be actually finished I’ll go ahead and post what I have now. LOL

1 Like

@jcfuller I think that yours looks great! I am still working on my version. Hope to post it soon. My medium finally arrived!!

Teri

James, that is looking really good. Post again if you decide to work on it some more. Terri Robichon

Brenda its amazing!! What a wonderful job!! :clap: you really came a long way…congrats!!

1 Like

Well, I am finally posting my French Bulldog ‘Sir Roscoe Pierre’.

He is not finished, just one layer of glazing and the pic is not very good due to angling against the glare. I will post when I am finally done the finishing results. Since I have a larger board than Ashley used am thinking about glazing over the black gesso with a blue glaze. Any thoughts?

Teri

oops! Forgot Roscoe

1 Like

Wow - that turned out great! My Roscoe is in the circular file (trash can - lol).
Even though I gave up, I did enjoy watching and seeing everyone’s progress.

Thank you, June.

What you had done looked good to me. I imagine that oil pastels in this fashion would be difficult. It’s just always good to see you in the chat!! See you in a couple of hours,

Teri

My 3rd and last post of Roscoe - since last time I added the texture for the fur, whiskers and some more color. I’m considering this one done.

2 Likes

Just stunning!! Thank you so much for sharing! Again, awesome job!!! :clap:

Thanks so much Queeny for the kind words.

Hello Everyone,

Well, this is my final posting of Sir Roscoe Pierre. I don’t have very good lighting, so it is difficult to get a clear picture, but I do believe he is done.

Teri

2 Likes

Teri,
He turned out beautifully!!!

Well done Teri. He turned out great!

Thank you, Terri.

It makes it so much more fun when we share our artwork and encourage each other along the way!

Teri

1 Like

Hi Teri - I totally agree.

Thank you, June.

Are you all packed up!!

Teri (alias Artsycrochet)

We are! I’ll be sending you updates :grinning:

1 Like