Stan the Chimp-Pencil

2 Likes

Good job of the loose sketch. Waiting to see your progress.

1 Like

this is all I have so far! lol Yours is looking great

1 Like

Nicole,

This is looking nice. I have a way to go but will post the line drawing when I finish it. Teri

1 Like

June,

I am at about the same place you are - now for the fun part!!

Teri

1 Like

Here is my sketch of Stan the Chimp

2 Likes

Great start. I think this is going to be a fun project.

My progress so far.

2 Likes

Looking good Nicole.

Brenda

1 Like

I can see him beginning to emerge, June! :smiley:. Teri, wow! Love all the details!

Brenda

1 Like

I am going to stop here and wait for next lesson. I don’t want to put too much pencil - I like to be a bit looser and more free and make decisions as I use the watercolor pencils. Or at least that is what I think I want - lol

1 Like

That sounds reasonable to me! It’s looking good. I’m excited to start the painting process.

1 Like

Brenda,

It looks like you are off to a nice start. This will definitely be a fun but challenging piece. Do you think Matt will take a loose approach, a detailed approach, or start out loose and end with details?

See you Wednesday!

Teri

1 Like

June,

This is a good start. I know what you mean, I did go a little overboard on the details, I always want to paint loosely. but end up tightening up with details, as for so many details in my image.

See you on Wednesday!

Teri

1 Like

Wow! Looks great everyone! I am not sure if Matt will stay tight or go loose. Of course, his Loose would be considered tight for me, I am sure! I didn’t stay to the end of the broadcast. Did we have any homework? I am tempted to start another version—just cause.
Nicole

Here’s my “finished” transfer. I went easy on details so as not to get too much graphite on the paper. Nicole, the homework was to finish the transfer. I think he’s going to talk about how watercolor pencils behave and work on the background first, which will be regular watercolors. I think. :smiley:

Here, is my “Stan” pencil sketch. A little late, but ready for tomorrow.

1 Like

Looks good!! I’m ready to start the color process!

Brenda

Here we go! Not unhappy with background. I applied the frisket not very far inside the outline, so only minimal drawing to fix.

I am also pleased with mine. I only have a little of the drawing to fix. Can’t wait until we start adding some color

1 Like