Stan the Chimp-Pencil

Looks good! I’m so excited about this series! I practiced with my pencils on scrap paper after we finished last night. I’m hoping that will help help when we start working on the real painting.

Brenda

Yes - I have watercolor pencils but don’t use them very often. Looking forward to learning/understanding how to use them. Matt and Ashley are such amazing teachers.

2 Likes

They are the BEST! I feel so lucky to have found them. :slight_smile:
Brenda

1 Like

I caught up. However, had a couple of problems. 1st time using Frisket. When I removed it, there were a couple of places that it started to tear top layer of the watercolor paper. Any suggestions before moving forward? I did cut off the torn tails carefully. Will I be able to go over it with yhe rest of the process. Also, had an area above the tear where a little water color went through an area where i didn’t actually get good coverage with frisket. It is around eye, but think I can mask with brown in dark of eye socket, so not too worried about that one. Thanks for suggestions.

1 Like

Well, here is Stan after finally receiving my Misket masking fluid. I am not crazy about the streak going down on the left side of Stan but have some thoughts how to enhance it. I did not have ultramarine blue in my watercolor tube paints, so I mixed a little Cerilium Blue with some Indigo. I like the color it made actually. I did lighten the lines of the drawing but I can still see them so I can do my stiff painting that I try hard not to do but always find myself getting there sooner or later.

Almost ready for Wednesday but may just watch first then do. Depends how I am feeling. See everyone Wednesday!!

Teri

2 Likes

My undersketch for Stan. Still running a bit behind on this one, hope to be all caught up by tomorrows lesson. Love seeing everyone’s work!

Stan number 2 after tonight’s lesson… I miss Stan number 1 and am highly contemplating a need for Stan number 3! :rofl:

2 Likes

@LadyLunaMarr,

Looks great. I am double glad you posted your watercolor from part three. I had to leave early and now I have an idea of what Matt did.

Teri (alias Artsycrochet)

My husband came home after the last session and got very excited, he screamed through the house “Monkey!!! I want it for my office!” After informing him that the particular monkey in question now lives in the garbage can I started over again. Switching from the Seth Cole 140lb cold press to the Canson 140lb cold press made a large difference, not only did the frisket not create a disaster, the paint flows much better.

3 Likes

that looks great! I need to catch up! Husband’s are funny and always our biggest fans!

I’m caught up! Feeling so much better!! My version is certainly far from perfect, but it’s my first experience using watercolor pencils. I’m loving it more with each application.

I love all the ones shared above. Good job everyone!

Brenda

3 Likes

Looking good Luna. So will your husband get the new and improved version when it is done?

Hi Brenda - great to see you back up to speed. Your chimp is looking great. Sorry I’m going to miss the live lesson tonight. It’s on at the same time as JEOPARDY - the Masters Finals. In our house my husband and I watch Jeopardy every weekday. The Masters Championship is a rare event and tonight we find out who wins the half a million dollars. I’ll just have to watch Matt on the Live Lesson some other time.
Terri Robichon

2 Likes

That looks great Brenda I’m glad you were able to get caught up!

1 Like

@robichon He will get this one assuming it stays good… lots of sessions left for horrible mistakes still :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Hi Luna - I hear you. It’s has happened to me too that all of a sudden things go from good to not-so-good. But I have a feeling that this one of yours will be a gem.

Terri Robichon

I love Jeopardy! Enjoy! We’ll miss you tonight.

I’m feeling so much better, so I’m excited to get moving in real time on this painting.

BTW, I looked at your French bulldog, and it blew me away! You are a wonderfully skilled artist!

Brenda

1 Like

Thanks so much! I’m excited to move ahead now!

Brenda

Brenda!! This is awesome!!! Oh i look forward to seeing your progress. Awesome job!!

1 Like

Teri, cant wait to see your progress!! :blush: