Lunar sketch in charcoal and pastel

I finally did my lunar sketch based on the recent YouTube video. I did mine with pastel and charcoal - it was a bit of a random mix based on the color I need at the time. I want to redo it with colored pencil to see the differences but regardless this one was fun

6 Likes

Hello @OriNebula ,

I really love how yourscame out!

Great job! love it. I love the way you projected it.

Well done. Reminds me there are so many mediums to use.
Good job.

WOW. This is absolutely stunning!!! Yup I’ve got to do this one too.

Terri Robichon

This is fantastic!! I will atte4mt this one soon. I am glad you mentioned it on the live lesson, or I would never know it was out there.

I enjoy seeing your artwork. You are a really good artist. I hope you keep posting here.

Teri

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I’m going to try to post and read here more often. It’s a great to have such a wonderful community for artwork. Now I just need the time :slight_smile:

Beth (orinebula)

I love it! Your moon is beautiful.:heart_eyes:

Fantastic job, waiting to see how it comes out with the colored pencils.

My moon on artagain paper with luminance pencils. I started the first layer with the tutorial on Youtube, but had to finish on my own because I didn’t have access to video. I’m happy that I got to draw it. Not quite crazy about the details.

4 Likes

Hello Sonia @Meme5 , I love the vibrance that the Luminance pencils give your drawing. I think you captured the mysterious essence of the moon very well. I love this drawing.

Lenet

Oh Sonia. This is wonderful. You continue to amaze me with your creations. The colored pencils have such a brilliant quality. Wish I had them, but I already have two sets of colored pencils and just can’t justify the high cost to get a third set. So I’m jealous.

Terri Robichon

@Brian @robichon @lenetg137

Thank you for your positive feedback. It’s a fun piece to work on, I have a small set of luminance. Cannot make myself get a bigger than the 40 piece set I have.

1 Like

@Meme5 That looks awesome. Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Beth (OriNebula)