Paper Qualities

May I suggest an idea for a video, Matt? The amount of paper qualities, paper types etc. is quite bewildering. This is why I really would appreciate if you would do a video on all the different paper types for art projects, their properties and which media each paper types are made for incl. your tips and tricks.

Sincerely,
Anna Maria

Hi Anna Maria,

You read my mind. An extensive video is being published today on this subject. You’ll be able to find it here when it’s published…https://thevirtualinstructor.com/blog/all-about-drawing-papers-and-surfaces

1 Like

Hi Matt,

I’ve just watched it - and it was exactly what I was looking for, so thank you so much for creating this video. Just one last suggestion to go along with the video:

In order to provide an overview for us students, it would be a great help with a table figure that states e.g. the media categories on the x-line on the top: coloured pencils, markers etc. - and the paper type e.g. Strathmore Bristol vellum etc. on the y-line. Checkmarks or other symbols (perhaps smileys or the like) could then indicate how suitable each medium is to each paper type.

I know you are buzy, so just if you can find the time to do this. Anyway, I am truly happy for this video you have done already - and also for being a member of this community. I am learning a lot. Well, have a nice day. :blush:

Best regards,
Anna Maria

Hi Anna Maria,

You’re welcome. Did you scroll to the bottom of the post? You’ll find something similar as what you described. Each paper discussed is highlighted along with recommended mediums, pricing, weight, etc.

I did after I wrote my post - and you are absolutely right; you did actually write something similar, so no further is needed.

Best regards,
Anna Maria