Portfolio layout

For the three shows in the US, I needed to prepare my “portfolio layout”, which is how the organiser calls it, i.e. one A4 size image for introducing myself and what I can do as an artist. The organiser assembles all the portfolio layouts of the participating artists and is going to deliver the portfolio album to some illustration agencies in the US.
Each artist can include up to 5 of their original works in their portfolios, but I decided to prepare something completely new instead of compiling my old works. Considering the size, A4, of the portfolio, if I use 5 images, the impact of each of the included works would be pretty weak. So I decided to create one new image which shows what I am now interested in currently as well as what I can do.
And this is the one I submitted as my portfolio layout:

I created this image as one of possible key visuals of the animated film I am now working on.
Technically, this is not a single drawing but an assembled work of multiple small drawings like the following:

Using photoshop I cut each of these objects and pasted them on a black background.
According to the portfolio prep manual, artists are supposed to include their sns and profile information, so I have added them in the shape of surface waves.
I found this approach pretty interesting and useful. The composition and the values adjustments were the hardest part.
Hope you enjoy this piece! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :cat: :laughing:

6 Likes

Lovely. You do such good work. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Your pen lines are absolutely stunning, @Maki ! The detail in the flowers are amazing! :star_struck:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind words, Ginny! :cat: :laughing: :tada:

Thank you so much for your kind comment, TheMustardSeedLife! :laughing: :tada: :cat:

1 Like

【update】This work is now featured in the Member’s Minute episode #399. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :cat: :tumbler_glass: