Three shows in the US

In Nov this year, some of my drawings will be presented at three different shows in the US.
One in NYC, two in LA. I’ve already written about the show in NYC in my old post “camouflage failure”.

The original work of camouflage failure will be shown at Art Space Huntington Park in LA.

Also, three of my ballpoint pen drawings postcards will be shown at The Pop-Hop bookstore in LA.

I don’t know if anyone looking at this forum are located around these venues, but if you are, please come visit the show. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :wink: :cat: :tada:
I hear that there will be a popularity poll at the postcard show in LA and top 3 winners will have a chance to sell some other items using their designs at the same bookstore after the show. :laughing: :pancakes: :wine_glass:

These are the works presented at these shows:

1. camouflage failure

2.flower fortune-telling

3.happiness comes from cats

6 Likes

I gotta say camoflauge failure is my favorite. Yhats duch a creative name and the artwork is great! So cute, good job!

1 Like

Congratulations Maki! I hope you get the success your drawings deserve.
Patricia.

1 Like

Wow! You deserve it. You work hard and do good work. Congratulations!

1 Like

So amazing! You must be very excited! Great job, @Maki! :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Congratulations! These are great. I have to say my favorite is the camouflage failure. The detail is fantastic. Good luck getting your work sold. Thanks for sharing! I feel everything that is shared helps to inspire someone.

1 Like

Hi Araela, thank you so much for your kind words! :cat: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :+1:

Hi Ginny, thank you so much for your kind words! :cat: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :+1:

Hi TheMustardSeedLife, thank you so much for your kind words! :laughing: :tada: :cat:

1 Like

Hello Ken, thank you so much for your kind words! :cat: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :+1:

Hi Patricia, thank you so much for your kind words. I’m not going to the venues for myself, but I hear that the organiser’s local staff will report on the show for the participating artists. I very much look forward to seeing the report. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :+1: :cat:

Of course! You deserce them.:blush:

1 Like

Maki,

Congratulations on the two shows in LA too. I was born in LA but now am on the other side of the country. Otherwise, you would have my votes!!

Like Patricia I also hope that your artwork gets the response that it deserves.

Look forward to hearing the results!!

Will you be at the events too?!!

Teri

1 Like

This is wonderful! Congratulations! Please share how they go!

1 Like

Congrats to you! I love them all but the first one is my favorite. Your work is so unique and fabulous!

1 Like

Hello Lori, thank you so much for your kind words! :cat: :tada: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hello Pjsart, thank you so much for your kind words! :cat: :tada: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi Teri, thank you so much for your kind comment.
Too bad you’re not located in LA now. No, I am not coming in person as this is not my solo exhibition. I hear that one of the planned shows in LA will have works of 40 something different female artists from Japan plus some of LA local female artists. So I guess it is going to be a pretty big event, and I am just a very small part of it. Sometime when I have my own exhibition in the US, I will definitely go.

I really hope the viewers will enjoy my works. Recently I decided to renovate the garden of my mother’s old home and found a very kind, highly skilled garden designer over here. While discussing what to do with the garden renovation, he had a chance to see my instagram posts and when I met him the other day he told me how much he was inspired by my works. As a garden designer, which I consider one very respectable form of artists, he needs right inspiration sources all the time. Looking at the way he talks about my works, I understood that my drawings were able to help him as one of such sources. Isn’t this fabulous? So I am hoping my drawings exhibited in LA & NYC will work in the same way for the local viewers too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :tada: :cat:

2 Likes

Maki,

I will be watching to hear about the response from all three shows as well as the results at the bookstore in LA.

I too wish I was still in the LA area and able to see your artwork up close.

Keep us posted!

Teri

1 Like

Oh, Maki, one more thing. You may want to look into Asheville NC if you make a trip. They have all types of art shows throughout the year. It is a real artsy little area that now is getting way to overcrowded for those of us who have lived here a while.

If I am having a good day, who knows I may be able to get out to see your work :slightly_smiling_face:! It all depends on how I am doing (disabled by Neurological Lyme Disease)

Just an idea, not big like LA or NY, but quaint town (now city)

Teri

1 Like