Real Time Art Instruction - Cupcake

Did anyone else do the cupcake lesson Matt posted on YouTube? I didn’t have cream pastelmat so used cream mi_tentes. I struggled cause I have limited colors in pastels but I still had fun and learned alot. I need to get some more grays! Also - those cupcake liners are tough to draw! I decided to make it more blended cause I was getting annoyed - lol.

3 Likes

I love it! So good! Is it oil pastels? The liner looks great too!

1 Like

Thanks! Chalk pastels and pastel pencils. It is a good lesson. But when does Matt not do a great lesson!

3 Likes

My all time favorite kind of medium, pastels!! I will look for the lesson and give it a try!

I have not been on YouTube; I’ll check it out June.

Doubt mine will turn out as nice as yours, but if I try, I will post it here. It is making me hungry, I might just have to go bake some cupcakes!!

Teri

Thanks for letting us know!!

Teri

1 Like

Like others who replied, I have not done this lesson either, but will probably add it to the ever growing list of things to do. I’ll never run out of things to learn at TVI. By the way, WELL DONE!!!

Terri Robichon

This turned out great. Very well done.

1 Like

Hi meme5. Yes try it. Excellent instruction and fun to draw a cupcake

1 Like

Hahah. I love making cupcakes. I think I shall have to make some and then draw?

1 Like

Thanks! It was a good use of 1.5 hours

Thanks you! I know what you mean by the long list.

1 Like

June

That is a great idea but think I will bake cookies. I started using date powder/sugar for a sweetener instead of honey and maple syrup. So I will make some oatmeal chocolate chip and walnut cookies. It is fascinating how the date sugar works. When I make them, depending how I feel, I will send a pic, of the cookies and the sketch/drawing depending how it turns out.

Teri

2 Likes

Hi June -

I decided to join you and do the YouTube Real Time - Pastel Cupcake. I’m really slow so I needed the 2hrs to watch Matt draw, turned it to pause while I drew, then watched more. So, all together I probably spent 5 hours on this. I look forward to more lessons in this format.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Terri,

Another yummy cupcake. I am going to gain wait drooling over yours and June’s cupcakes!!

Teri

3 Likes

June,

I am waiting on your cupcake drawing!! Will email you the cookies if I ever take the picture. I also have a long list of things to create!!

Teri

1 Like

It looks great! I saw that on YouTube. I’ll have to give it a try. I love pastels!

1 Like

Terri, super realistic lovely yummy cupcake! I started mine today just did the outline and most of the cherry. I hope it turns out at least half as pretty as yours!

1 Like

WOW! That looks amazing! Very realistic! I can tell you spent more time than I did. i am impatient! lol

1 Like

I have to make the cupcakes first!

Here’s my took all morning cupcake. Lord
Knows as Junenes said it, that cupcake liner…geez… then I went to clean it up some.

1 Like