Scratchboard Bee - Live Lesson

Thanks June. It has actually been fun doing it this way. I do believe that the thought process is the same, white on black instead of black on white!

Teri

@Brenda @DianeB @Meme5 @lenetg137 Thank you all for watching along and for all your kind words now that I’m done with this one. Your support is much appreciated.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Hi everyone. A couple weeks ago I saw this on Facebook and thought you’d like to see it too. It was drawn by Cheryl Plautz. Can you believe that this is 8x10 and done on scratchboard? I can’t image being this talented, but it inspired me to try more scratchboard projects.

Terri Robichon

2 Likes

Holy moly! Indescribable! Thanks for sharing that, Terri!

Brenda

1 Like

It’s me again. I keep looking at this image. I seriously am in awe. I’m assuming the artist used inks to create those amazing colors! I just cannot get over the realism~

Brenda

@Brenda I’ve looked at this often too. If you go to DickBlick.com and look at the ampersand scratchboard supplies, there is a video that shows how to use their ink to add color to scratchboard drawings. There is also a drawing behind the speaker of a large colored cornflower that is pretty cool

Terri Robichon

2 Likes

Thanks, Terri. I’ll check it out.

Brenda

1 Like

@robichon @Brenda
I can see you both working on something like this and get us all hooked into scratch board!

Sonia

1 Like

Hi Sonia - That would be fun. Maybe have to give this more thought. :grinning:

Terri Robichon

1 Like

@Brenda - If you want to see even more incredible scratchboard art go to CathySheeter.com because she is an artist that specializes in (mostly colored) scratchboard. She even has a little video. And it is the Ampersand inks that she uses for the color.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Terri - as usual I am blown away! I love how you are so skilled in so many areas and just read the post about the 37 entries! Wow! I try to practice as much as I can but do find I almost have too many hobbies and then a few days go by and I haven’t touched art. But I am always being creative.
Love seeing your post - they do inspire me
June

2 Likes

Thanks June for all your kind words. It warms my heart. We all struggle to find enough time for our art. I think this forum keeps many of us inspired to keep on learning and growing our art.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that link, Terri. I’m fascinated by the finished works, but I lack the confidence to think I could ever achieve anything close to what I’ve been looking at. I might have to get a pack of the 5 x7 boards and the tools and just test the waters. I’m heading into Houston tomorrow, and there is a planned stop at Texas Art Supply. I’ll see what they have in the store. I usually order from Blick, because they consistently have the lowest prices on most everything!

Brenda

1 Like

Hi Brenda. I usually order from BLICK, and sometimes from Amazon. I’m scratching my head now (pun intended) trying to figure out what reference photo I might have that would be easy enough to try. Hopefully something that could have a black background. I’ll let you know if I figure something out.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

I’d love to see what image you come up with. I was thinking maybe a chickadee. Maybe. :thinking: But I’m still not sure I want to jump off into something else.

Brenda

1 Like

Well, a little late to the show but this is my latest update of the non-scratchboard Bee Live Lesson - Scratchboard imitation, or…?? as a reminder .05 gel pen on black Canson colorline paper. I’m not allowed to play with sharp tools!!

Teri
IMG_1838 Progress

3 Likes

@TLP
So far so good, you’re so resourceful and it’s paying off. Can’t wait to see it all completed!

Sonua

Nice job, Teri @TLP . I love your resourcefulness. It is looking good.

Lenet

Hi Teri. This is looking so good, and I’d never guess it wasn’t real scratchboard. Keep “scratching”.

Terri Robichon

@lenetg137 @Meme5 @robichon

Thank you all for your encouragement to go forward. It has been fun!!

Teri

2 Likes