Sean and Mary Kate

My family love the movie Quiet Man, starring John Wayne and Maureen O’hara. So, the last time we watched it I decided to do some portraits. These are my first two.

Charcoal on toned paper 12x16.

Graphite and white charcoal on toned paper 11x12.5.

7 Likes

Can’t stop blinking fast. They are gorgeous! The paper colors really enhance the portraits.
What kind of paper did you use?

1 Like

Thanks, Meme5. I am using Canson Mi-Tientes pastel papers, smooth side. I love these papers.

1 Like

Great job! Love them both.

Very great likeness of both. I’m impressed as usual.

Oh my goodness Ginny! These portraits are fabulous. I missed seeing your art in here.
Patricia.

Wow Ginny,

These are amazing. I am still very shy about trying portraits.

Beautifully done, wonderful expressions and details.

Teri

Thanks, Denise, I appreciate it.

Thank you. It was a struggle. LOL!

Thank you, Patricia. Life happened and we moved from Central Florida to Alabama. I hope this is my last move. I am getting to old for this stuff. LOL!

Teri, I understand. But, taking Matt’s courses will help so much. Thanks for your comment. I hope so see some portraits from you, soon.

Thanks Ginny,

I do have a couple of colored ink artworks I just posted recently if you want to take a look.

Teri

1 Like

I’m sorry, Teri, but I can’t find them. Would you post the link? Thanks!

Hello Ginny,

Thank you for taking a look at my artwork. I have been really enjoying working with colored inks so lately that is what I have posted except for live lessons, etc. I hope that you enjoy these.

Teri
Here are a couple of the most recent posts:

Colored ink in stippling of a tropical fish - The Artist’s Community by The Virtual Instructor

Nighttime harbor in colored inks on black paper - The Artist’s Community by The Virtual Instructor

Stippling with colored inks - The Artist’s Community by The Virtual Instructor

These are wonderful likenesses. Do you have any life drawings you’ve done like this?

Oh Ginny, you are incredibly talented and a huge inspiration. Thanks so much for this post. Hope you continue to share more.
Terri Robichon