Valentine's Bird

I wanted to draw a picture for my wife for Valentine’s Day. I found a photo references on Pixabay and went to work. I finished it on time the day before February 14, but somehow, an oily looking stain appeared on it and it looked ruined for a time. I decided to add some more background an installed the log you see in the lower right-hand corner. I thought it fixed it at first, but it’s still there. My wife decided that she loved it anyway. I used Caran d’Ache Supracolor pencils, Pan Pastels and some soft pastels.
I had tried using a needed eraser to get it off. It looked like it worked, but sadly no. Otherwise, I tried to make the best of it.

5 Likes

Excellent effort!
The oil stain is not noticeable even after you told us about it.:v:

Thank you! I notice it but that’s the way it goes.

I looked, and looked, and looked… can’t find the stain. I think you did a fantastic job. I am not surprised that your wife loved it. Thanks for sharing.

Patricia.

Me either - can’t find it. Would be a joy to receive.

It’s not very large. The lower part of the tree. Darker than the rest of the colors. But thanks for the comments. Have a good day!Jack