Valentines Day Cherries

I have a some color pencil cherries done with a Valentines Day theme. 5x7 on Canson Mi Teintes toned paper done with Caran D’Ache Luminance pencils.

I love these pencils.

This was a really fun departure from just following Matt’s lead. Have to really think about what you are doing and not just try to replicate the metods being taught at the time.

I tried to follow the reference photo in which the background was severely blurred, and appeared to be a type of lace table covering with heart shaped center portion. Table cloth was partially folded back. I don’t know why, couldn’t figure it out but liked the composition and really had to just try to draw values I saw.

There was a point where all of a sudden when there was ebough value on the dish and cherries, the image really popped. It was also about the time the the tooth of the paper was lost.

Critiques and comments welcome.

Lenet

7 Likes

This is very beautiful

Hi Lenet. I like it. Happy Valentines Day everyone here at The Virtual Instructor. My hubby and I will be celebrating our 37th Anniversary so it’s always a special holiday for us.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Hello Terri @robichon , CONGRATULATIONS! Have a great anniversary. 37 years is quite an accomplishment.

Lenet

1 Like

@lenetg137

Wonderful job! Is this a gift? Hope your day is special.

Teri

Congratulations @robichon Terri with 2 r’s. 37 years, that is wonderful to hear. I hope you enjoy your time celebrating and of course I will understand when you miss the live lesson!!! lol!

I’ll keep you in my thoughts.

Teri with 1’r

1 Like

Hello Terri @TLP , It is not a gift, but rather a reference picture I saw a while back and thought it would be a fun one to draw. I did enjoy doing this one, and as usual learned a few things alnog the way.

Lenet

1 Like

@lenetg137
How did I miss seeing this post?! Very pretty cherries, the reflection on the dish and cherries is so good, as well as the wood texture. What color paper was it?
So glad it showed up in the topics!

Hello Sonia @Meme5 ,

Thank you for the comments. It was a light tan toned paper from Canson Mi Teintes paper. Sorry you missed the post. This one was fun as the background was blurred pretty well in the reference.

Lenet

1 Like