Your graphite drawings

I love his face expression. He looks so tired of this job.

Hello @marrhys, yeah I’m still drawing. :wink: I think I’ll draw all my life. I just love it so much. But I’ve been under lots of stress at job and I find it quite difficult to create while I’m stressed out and anxious.
What do you mean “posting colective results for critique?” If you have some suggestions for this topic how to make it better, feel free to say so. This is for all of us.:wink:
I’m sorry for your loss (this old lady). But your drawing will keep the lovely memory of her.
Btw, I also question myself of my capability of drawing from life or memory… I’m not so good at those things. :smile: But, hey, drawing is so complex, I feel like it’s so much to learn for the rest of my life!

Wow, that’s so good!

The shape is captured perfectly, I think you could do a little more work on shadows. Besides that really nice! :smiley:

This eagle is really good! I love the determinantion in his face! The shine in the eye is great and I love how you used cross hatching to do the feathers. That’s really inovative! I’d never think of doing this to achieve this texture! That’s your style right there!:wink: Great job!

Here’s the latest drawing I did. Today I’ve bought a new sketchpad from which I can pull out pages, to sell them. Already one lady contacted me for buying this drawing. I just need to draw it again in a new pad.

2 Likes

Marina, another beautifully drawn bird. That is great that you have it now as a commission. Nice job!

Teri

Bianca, your drawing is very realistic. I really like how you have created the wetness in the eye of the drawing. Just a thought, you might want to push your darks a little more so the lights pop a little more.

Thank you for sharing your drawing,

Teri

Hi Teri,
Thank you very much for your comment and suggestion. I am always happy to hear how I can improve.

Looks good, I haven’t thought to use the back side of the previous page to let the size of the bird make sense. Like painting or drawing on a matted piece.

Lenora (lilnora - ArtistLittleNora.Mitchell@gmail.com

Yes, I love his face! I think more contrast with the background would make him pop out too!
Great job!!

I haven’t figured out how to paste a work of art on here yet…can you help me figure it out?

See if this works?
This is after I did the class with Matt’s daughter Avery’s portrait. This is my Granddaughter Olivia age 9!

3 Likes

This is one I did was supposed to be a watercolor class but I did it as an acrylic work.
Was my first bird!

4 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m new to the forums and to virtual instructor. I just finished my first live lesson project this week. I enjoyed watching the videos so much. I thought I’d share.

6 Likes

You did a fantastic job with this jellyfish. I chose not to participate this time (I liked the subject matter but what not attracted to the technique at this point… but I| will try it later). Thanks for sharing.
Patricia.

That looks fantastic, well done!! What paper did you use for this?

I used the Strathmore 300 series cold-press watercolor paper. It was what I had on hand that had any tooth. It worked quite well, I think.

1 Like

Wow! Your jelly fish turned out really well.
I look forward to seeing more of your artwork here. I did not draw the jellyfish yet but do plan to. I have to many projects’ half done that I need to work on. If mine turns out half as good, then I will post it here too.

Great job!

1 Like

Loved it too!
Yours looks great also!
Had fun with this one cept was scared for Matts health problem!!

1 Like