Stan the Chimp-Pencil

Wow Brenda, Stan-Fran is coming to life! I can’t wait to get my colored watercolor pencils and start my new Stan-Fran started, without green hair lol!

Teri

1 Like

Terri,

After my hair experience, turning Stan-Frans hair green (just like mine did when I would swim in our swimming pool all summer in CA) I am not waiting. The watercolor pencils I have don’t work so well on the Rough 300lb paper. Good quality deserves good quality when it comes to artwork I am learning. So, I am waiting till I can purchase the colors I need from the Derwent or Faber-Castell brands. I really enjoy both brands.

So like you Terri, I am just watching!

Teri

1 Like

Brenda - This is looking great!!!

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Thank you, Terri! This experience has convinced me that I really CAN do watercolors if I practice patience. That’s the hard part for me. That, and staying focused on small details when I’m working. I can’t tell you how often I cover up my intended highlights and have to go back with a white gel pen to recover them, depending on the medium. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m looking forward to seeing your finished drawing / painting.

1 Like

Brenda…looking awesome!!! Love the fur/hair…you’re hitting your groove on this one for sure!! :blush:

1 Like

Thank you, Queeny! It has certainly become “easier” and more natural as we go along. :slight_smile:

Brenda

1 Like

Here’s where I start from tonight! Homework was the hair/fur and foot on the right leg as you’re looking at the image. I’m ready for the hands!!!

A pic after I reworked the face area! More details later. I even pulled out some new colors.

2 Likes

Thanks, Teri!! I think you’ll have a great time doing this project. I’m excited to see your interpretation of this lovely creature. I had no idea how very intelligent they are until we started this drawing, and I did a bit of research. I think Stan-Fran is likely very forward thinking and might actually be able to rock the green hair. :crazy_face:

I’m sorry. I somehow managed to miss your comment initially. I always appreciate your feedback and comments. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Brenda

Brenda,

Stan-Fran the Orangutan is looking very handsome/beautiful, though from last week’s live lesson he is a she. Boy this is getting confusing. I think I will just stay with Stan-Fran from there we can each decide what the name means - lol!

Will be watching for your next installment.

Teri

1 Like

Thanks, Teri! I keep wanting to say “he,” but I lean toward thinking she’s a she. LOL!

Finally back from vacation and just caught up with the missed 3 lessons. Here is my progress so far! I am having a alot of fun and learning a ton

1 Like

The detail on that face is amazing

1 Like

It is looking so good! love it

1 Like

Welcome home, June!!! It’s so good to have you back, but what a great adventure!

Your Stan-Fran is looking awesome!!! You’ve done an amazing job with the colors, values and contrast. Cannot wait to see all these finished.

Brenda

Thanks, June! I am completely reworking my painting, doing lots of scrubbing, lifting, reapplying, and softening. What a journey! I have learned so very much since starting this subject and medium.

Brenda

My drawing really feels more like a colored pencil drawing. However, I have learned so much during this process, and that’s the desired outcome. I love the way she looks. I’m excited to finish and see the final outcome.

Hi everyone,
I’ve finally caught up after a road trip made me miss a few live lessons. Here’s my Stan/Fran. I’m really impressed with what I’ve seen from everyone else! I might be overdoing it but I sure love bringing all the colours together.

1 Like

Looking really good! What a great series of lessons. “see” you Wednesday night.

Brenda

Hi Teresa. This is looking great. Keep posting your progress. It’s fun to see. I haven’t started this one. There are some other things I need to draw & paint before my County Fair in early August. Then I definitely plan to do Stan.

Teresa (Terri) Robichon