Your graphite drawings

Hi Teri, thank you so much for your kind words! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :+1: :cat:

1 Like

I like the lighting in your drawing; the texture of the paper works well to suggest water. An Excellent rendition!

I used to only do graphite work, so I have plenty lol.

This is probably my favorite.

4 Likes

This amazing. So much to look at and digest. Well done.

Thank you, this was originally done for a self portrait contest, which I didnt place in. But i did actually sell it at a show in NYC.

1 Like

Interesting self-portrait. I can see why it sold.

1 Like

Hi all, I’m brand new here. Here is one of my first few graphite drawings. I started drawing in July and did this one in August. At the time, I didn’t even know the difference between a sketch book and quality drawing paper so this was just done in a cheap sketchbook. I’d love to hear your thoughts and feedback.

7 Likes

:scream: OH MY GOODNESS that looks like a photo! Really amazing!

Thanks so much. I wish I would have done more with the skyline but I was pretty happy with the bridge.

1 Like

That is fantastic! The perspective is a difficult one to pull off and the detail is done so well.

I did the chain drawing from today’s Getting Sketchy in graphite and charcoal on offwhite (recycled) paper.

I find the difference between the H and B pencils and the graphite and charcoal to be quite noticeable, but I know combining graphite and charcoal is done fairly often. I’m curious about your thoughts on how to mix the H, the B, and the charcoal well. Even just the H and B ranges of pencils make very different marks.

Thank you!

4 Likes

Ah, I just found this lesson! I anticipate it will be helpful: Draw a Realistic Bird with Graphite and Charcoal Pencil

I love this Petra! I’m a sucker for bird drawings. I think you did a really great job with this one!

Brenda

Wow! your chain is great! I love the detail.

1 Like

This is amazing!!! Great work, especially on the water!

1 Like

Thanks :blush: I was so shocked i was able to do that :joy:
I don’t have massive amounts of time to draw so have to pick and choose what I wanna draw next.
Was fun to see the water form in the drawing.

1 Like

I love this! I’m engrossed just looking at the details. How did you land on this composition?

1 Like

Looks great! I particularly like how you rendered the water!

1 Like

Thank you so much :blush: it was definitely the hardest drawing iv made so far. Drawing water is so satisfying , first it looks so weird but then suddenly it looks like water.

1 Like

Thank you. I have no idea to be honest. I just sometimes start with a basic theme , and then just incorporate objects as I go I guess. This one actually has a lot of symbolism with it being a self portrait. Most parts in it have a very specific meaning. Bonsai with three branches represents my three sons. The headphone jack shows my need for music at all times. Sorry for rambling, much better at the drawing part than the describing part, lol.

1 Like